First Impressions: Pandora’s Box Beloved & Spring Blonde

pandora's box, pandora's box makeup, lipstick, eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow, cute cosmetics
I received these two Pandora’s Box items from my July Little Black Bag. I’ve never used any products from this brand before, but I had heard of them in passing.
Now I don’t know about you, but this is one of the cutest packaged makeup that I’ve seen. Isn’t that packaging super adorable?!
Pandora's Box, Pandora's Box makeup, lipstick, floral pattern, beloved, pink, mauve
The lipstick is in a round tube with the same print as the box it’s in and there’s a little jewel on the top! I’m pretty sure that the tube is made out of some kind of cardboard, which isn’t my favorite.
Pandora's Box, Pandora's Box makeup, lipstick, floral pattern, beloved, pink, mauve
The color I chose is Beloved and the website describes it as a pink with mauve undertones.
Pandora's Box, Pandora's Box makeup, lipstick, floral pattern, beloved, pink, mauve, swatch
The lipstick goes on smoothly, but the color needs to be built up a bit. I noticed that the lipstick has a sort of saccharine smell. It’s not very strong and goes away after a few minutes, but I don’t think that it’s the best smell.
Pandora's Box, Pandora's Box makeup, eyeshadow palette, french vanilla, champagne, jasper, earth, eyeshadow, eyeshadow pan
Once the wrapping comes off, the eyeshadow palette still looks cute! There’s a flower cutout (with a see through plastic) so you can see the different shadows and just like the lipstick, there’s a little jewel and it also has a cardboard feel to it.
Pandora's Box, Pandora's Box makeup, eyeshadow palette, french vanilla, champagne, jasper, earth, eyeshadow, eyeshadow pan
One thing that I really like about this palette is that you can easily remove each of the shadow pans if you’ve finished it and/or you want to replace it with a different shadow. I really wish the shadow names were somewhere on the palette instead of only on the bottom of the pans though.
This palette is called Spring Blonde and it comes with four colors: French Vanilla (matte yellow-based white), Champagne (beige shimmer), Jasper (matte warm brown), and Earth (matte red-based brown).
Pandora's Box, Pandora's Box makeup, eyeshadow palette, french vanilla, champagne, jasper, earth, eyeshadow, eyeshadow pan
From top to bottom: French Vanilla, Champagne, Jasper, Earth
All colors were swatched dry without a primer or base.
French Vanilla is a little chalky and needs to be built up, but the color is really pretty and I think it will serve nicely as a brow highlight. Champagne is my favorite of all the colors in the palette because the texture is creamy and it applies easily. Jasper comes out a bit sheer, but again, can be built up. Earth is the color that really underwhelms me. It’s patchy and seems really muddy.
Overall, I’m not extremely impressed, but I will keep using these to see if I change my opinion of them!
Have you tried any Pandora Box products?
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate all of your comments! Thank you so much for supporting my blog. <3