RTT Vol. 4: The Fat Babe Club

This is definitely a post with a little bit of shameless self promotion, but it's my blog, so deal with it! Haha.

body positive, fat babe club, fat babes, fat positive, instagram, random thought thursday


I started the Fat Babe Club's instagram account after seeing a #fatbabeclub tag on WitchBabyy's instagram and wondering why there wasn't already a Fat Babe Club. Seriously?! An online network of self-proclaimed fat babes, no matter what gender they identify as, what color their skin is, whether they are able-bodied or not, etc; wouldn't that be so rad? After asking permission from WitchBabyy (who seemed to be the only person who had ever used that tag) and getting a "heck yes!," I quickly made the account.

There are other places where people of all sizes can show off how babely they are, like BeauCoo, but I wanted a space for people who actually label themselves as "fat." If you've been reading my blog for... any amount of time, really... you'll know that I am super fat-positive and body positive. There are people out there who get offended by the word "fat" (which is a whole 'nother blog post) and it kind of makes me feel sad and... uncomfortable? Maybe that's the wrong word, but I really wanted somewhere that fat babes could be fat babes. No one telling them that they are too fat or not fat enough, just fat babes coming together, accepting each other and being the cat's pajamas.

I've been struggling with my self-love since moving to Japan and I think that not having that support and network of like-minded people has been putting me down. I really need some fat babe time soon! I wish that I could start a proper Fat Babe Club online, but right now I don't have the resources. Maybe kick starting the club can be a goal for me!

Do you consider yourself a fat babe? What do you think of the Fat Babe Club?
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate all of your comments! Thank you so much for supporting my blog. <3